The application of custom motion is a constant need in a vast array of commercial, industrial and academic tasks—inspection, assembly, material handling, dispensing. Whatever the sector, custom motion can save you time.
WHY USE CUSTOM MOTION?
The application of custom motion in commercial and industrial projects reduce time-to-market cycles and minimize development and production costs, while its application in a modern laboratory can meet the demand to test more samples, increase the utilization of analytical equipment, or commercialize a process.
At Primatics, we can meet your motion requirements for a specific application through custom features, unparalleled performance, and competitive pricing.
- Reduced size to for increased mobility
- Operable in specialized environments such as vacuums or clean rooms
- Specific mounting and attachment details
- Compatible with other equipment or components
- Multi-axis configuration
- Reduced settling times
- Reduced heat buildup
- Optimization for specified payloads
- We can customize the design to meet specific requirements—eliminating features not required for a specific application
- Our unique solutions keep us on the leading edge of innovation, customization, and affordability
DOWNLOAD CUSTOM MOTION BROCHURE
IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR MY PRODUCT?
At Primatics, we work directly with you to come up with a solution that makes sense for your task or application. We offer three types of OEM solutions—modified standard products, custom motion products, and custom motion platforms. When working a solution we consider several factors, including project complexity, development schedule, quantity and product and development budget.
MODIFIED VERSION OF STANDARD PRODUCTS
The modification of a standard product can be extremely cost-effective, especially when that standard product lacks only one or two features needed to meet your specific requirements—modifying a standard product ultimately reduces development costs. Examples of standard product modification include, but are not limited to:
- Special hole patterns
- Custom finishes or markings
- Multi-axis configurations
- Granite or steel machine bases
- Cable management
- Special environment preparation
CUSTOM POSITIONING STAGES AND CONTROLS
Our custom motion products—designed to specifically and uniquely meet all of your requirements—typically have moderately higher development costs, but ultimately yield lower productions costs when compared with standard product solutions. Examples of standard custom position stages and controls include, but are not limited to:
- Low-profile X,Y,Z stage with internal cable management
- Large aperture, dual-drive open frame X,Y stage on granite
- Very flat, X,Y stage for vacuum operation
- Eight axis, programmable motion controller with integrated linear servo amplifiers
CUSTOM MOTION PLATFORMS
A custom motion platform goes beyond the positioning stages or controls and includes the integration of key motion tasks with material handling and/or process control and monitoring—custom motion platforms are assembled and tested as a unit. Examples of custom motion platforms include, but are not limited to:
- X,Y,Z,Θ stage on welded base with motion control panel
- X,Y axes in vacuum chamber with integrated material load and unload mechanism
- X,Y,Z inspection mechanism with sample handler
YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT
A necessary step in the process is to have clear and candid discussions with our design team in order to convey everything you’re trying to accomplish—this should not only include performance requirements for the product but also business issues such as regulatory compliance, product lifecycle management, service and support strategies and IP ownership.
The outcome of these discussions (typically an RFQ or Requirements Document) is written documentation that casts all features, performance requirements, and expectations into three distinct categories.